Thames Taunter


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



GC4RHDK

5/5 #97 as part of my Thames four-cache sprint to 100.

I put in at Culham Lock and paddled east then round the island to GZ dodging the many and scary weirs along the way. In the end I disembarked at Sutton Pools and dragged the kayak overground to put in just 50m from the cache and popped across. An easy find once there, of course, and reassuringly still waters too, given the closeness of the weir. From there it was off upstream to find Swift Ditch Splash and Cache, past the safety fences for the next weir in the wrong direction!

Thanks for a cache in a lovely place. I'd wax on about the loveliness, but Swift Ditch knocked my socks off. On which more later...



Previous posts

Archives